Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tis the Season...

Walking in Walmart the other day i noticed that they were starting to get the Christmas decorations out. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, so seeing those beautiful decorations coming out is wonderful. One of the worst parts about shopping in October is all of the Halloween decorations everywhere in the store.
I am excited for Christmas this year because the roommates and I are going to get a real tree. I haven't had a real Christmas tree in about 7 or 8 years, so I am getting so excited. There is something about a real Christmas tree that makes it feel more like Christmas. Going out in the freezing cold to pick the best tree and then cutting it down is so much fun. Of course I am sure that the roomies and I will have tea or hot chocolate after picking our tree.
I also love picking out the perfect decorations to decorate the tree and around the house. Decorating the tree is always fun. I really enjoy finding the perfect Christmas balls to fill in the holes. I also enjoy picking up decorations and remembering the memories that go with some of them. I have decorations that my mom has bought me each year and decorations that my grandparents have given me each year as well. It is so much fun to experience those memories.
I also love Christmas because it is about the birth of Christ. The birth of my Savior is wonderful. After we celebrate the birth of Christ we move on to another holiday that is about the resurrection of Christ, Easter. Well I am very excited for Christmas to come!!

1 comment:

specialkae said...

I am excited too! First of all because school will almost be over and second of all for all the reasons you just listed! and congrats on finally writing something lol